Please click to find details of our services for Advent, also available from the menu above (under Our Church/Advent 2013), the ‘I want to…’ links on the right or direct at stjuliansparishchurch.co.uk/advent
Please share the news!
It’s a busy month and a half ahead in the Church’ s year so here are some dates and times for your diary to help your planning.
Wednesday 6 November
All Soulstide Service @ 7pm
Friday 8 November
Quiz Night and Grand Draw
REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY – 10 NOVEMBER
Mass with Act of Remembrance 10am
Monday 11 November
PCC Meeting @ 7.30pm
Thursday 14 November
Parish Day-Trip to Bath
SUNDAY 17 NOVEMBER
Parish Mass @ 10am
SUNDAY 24 NOVEMBER – CHRISTUS REX
Parish Mass @ 10am
SUNDAY 1 DECEMBER – ADVENT I
Parish Mass of the Advent 10am
(with Offering of our 2013 Talents)
Advent Carols @ 6pm
(followed by refreshments)
SUNDAY 8 DECEMBER – ADVENT II
Parish Mass @10am
SUNDAY 15 DECEMBER – ADVENT III
All Age Mass with Christingle Liturgy @ 10am
Music from the shows
SS Julius & Aaron Parish Church Choir
Friday 25th October at 7.30pm
Ss Julius & Aaron Parish Church, Heather Road, Newport
£7 to include light refreshments
Tickets available on the door or direct in advance from Sue Stanaway and Aimee Baulch
- OUR THANKS: to those who have worked particularly hard to prepare the Church for our Harvest Festival, to those of you who have brought gifts for Raven House and to all involved in work for the Harvest Supper tomorrow evening.
- MIRIAM’S TALENT: today her Quiz Sheets will be on sale @ £1 – a bottle of wine goes to the winner!
- HARVEST SUPPER: tomorrow Monday 7th October @ 7.30pm. Speaker: from TENOVUS at the Launch of the 2013/2014 Parish Project.
- RAVEN HOUSE HARVEST: our Harvest Gifts go to Raven House (within our Ministry Area) this year.
- WOMEN’S FELLOWSHIP: meets on Wednesday evening @ 7.30pm. Speaker: Sr Frances on ‘Life as a Benedictine Oblate’. Subscriptions are now due, please.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Please consider, pray about and if you feel led to volunteer, speak to Fr David about joining the Serving, Sidespeople and Scripture Readers Teams at Mass? Ongoing, appropriate training will be given. Is God calling you?
- PRIZES FOR THIS YEAR’S DRAW (on Nov 8th): Babs Heath (Tel: 255616) is in charge of this and invites you to make donations of attractive prizes and donations towards to £100 Cash Prize from Sunday 13th October onwards, please. Thanks in advance!
Download the full notice sheet here:
Weekly Sheet 6 October 2013